Friday, July 20, 2012

The Aurora shootings: A field day for Gun Grabbers!

Watching news accounts, the shooter's mother said "I'm not surprised". My first reaction was "then why didn't she get him some psychiatric help?" Then, I looked back on past experience before my son committed suicide, and realized why: You can't GET help for someone until they actually commit a crime, and even then, if they're an adult, "the system" won't step in and put them under observation at a relative's request. I don't know if the guns were legally purchased, but if they were, the sale would not have been permitted had a dangerous psychiatric profile shown up on his record. If they were NOT purchased legally, no gun control laws would have prevented it. Why is it that in our society, those who need help can't get it until they commit mass murder?

No comments:

Post a Comment